Full-time, permanent, work from home, salary dependent on experience.
Donorfy is an award-winning software-as-a-service application. It’s a CRM solution for nonprofits used by c. 800 nonprofit organisations in the UK and other countries, including Denmark, Iceland, Ireland.
Donorfy is the UK’s fastest growing nonprofit CRM solution. The company - Donorfy Ltd - is a growing team of 25 people that market, sell, design, develop and support Donorfy.
We are looking for a full stack software developer to join our dev team to build the features that will help us continue to grow.
The role is home-based - we don’t have an office, we all work from our homes. We use collaboration tools to stay in touch throughout the day, and we meet regularly in London. You would need to be able to do that on average once a month.
We have taken the relevant and practical aspects of the agile approach to software development and applied them to our own environment. Our product managers define the requirement - an “epic” or a “feature” - and then as a team we break the requirement down into user stories. We track the stories through the dev, test and doc processes using a Kanban board (we use Azure DevOps). We involve clients in the process at the design and review stage and deploy an update to the app weekly and release a new feature once a month on average.
To design, code, test and document features for the Donorfy solution. Liaise with the product managers and other colleagues as needed. This is a small, dynamic team, so there is an opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in shaping the technical direction of Donorfy, how we do things and the tools we use. The emphasis is on delivering value to our customers frequently whilst maintaining the quality of our codebase and fitting into a friendly, committed team.
Working time is 37.5 hours per week.
Technical skillsMust have strong experience in:
- Web frameworks e.g. ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server
- Unit and automated testing
Knowledge / experience of the following would be an advantage:
- ORM framework - EF Core or similar
- Working with REST APIs using JSON and API testing tools such as Postman
- Initiative - seeing what needs doing, finding innovative solutions, identifying what could be done better.
- Positive attitude and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Capable of working with customers and partners as well as colleagues.
- Can understand the customers’ requirements and speak their language.
- Flexible - able to switch gears when priorities change.
- Relevant experience in a software development role.
- Proven ability to work from home in a dedicated workspace (e.g. a study, not the kitchen table) without interruption.
- A reasonably fast and reliable broadband connection.
- Ability to meet in London.
Would be an advantage:
- A relevant degree or equivalent.
- Experience of CRM apps.
- Experience of integrating with other platforms - such as payment gateways.
- Experience of the charity / nonprofit sector.
- Understanding of fundraising practices.
Salary depending on experience and skills
Applicants are invited to send their CV to email@example.com
Please take note of the “Must have” skills and attributes before applying.
Selection process will include:
- Review of CV
- Initial interview
- More in depth interview and short practical skills test
- References will be required
No agencies please
A team of third sector experts
We're not just a company, we're a community - our people and values are what truly sets us apart.