Effective 25th of May 2018
We, Donorfy Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
For the purpose of the GDPR 2018 or any subsequent amendment or replacement or supplementary legislation (“Data Protection Law”), the data controller is Donorfy Limited of Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing BN11 1QR, England.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and use the personal data described below in order to provide you with access to our website and services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data for our legitimate business needs and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. To the extent we process your personal data for any other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent.
Information we may collect from you
This Privacy Notice tells you how and why we collect your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our websites
- people who use our services
- people who subscribe to our newsletter
We may collect and process the following information about you.
Information you give us
You give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when register to use our website, apps, subscribe to our services or newsletter, search for a product, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, fill in a contact form, use downloads and/or online tools for the purpose of providing you with further information about our services, materials, news or training and when you report a problem with our website or services.
The information you give us can identify you and may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial and credit card information, customers to whom you are linked and your company name.
Information we collect about you
Each time you visit our website or use our services we may automatically collect the following information.
Technical information, including standard internet log information such as Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Details of your behaviour patterns in order to measure the number of visitors to our website, and to improve our website such as your URL, clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods to browse away from the page.
Information from other online accounts to which you have given us permission to collect data from within your settings or the privacy policies of these other online services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone; or it can be from the integrations and connections that you choose to install when using the services.
We collect this information in a way which does not identify you. We do not draw up user profiles or link such data to personally identifiable information.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a data file stored on a computer hard drive, mobile phone or other device which contains information about the user of our website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. We use persistent cookies and session cookies.
A persistent cookie is stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of a user across the website (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. We use persistent cookies to save your login information for future logins to the website or services.
A session cookie allows the website or services to link your actions during a browser session. We use session cookies to enable certain features of the website or services, to better understand how you interact with the website or services and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the website. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the website or services and then close your browser.
Which cookies we use and why
We use the following cookies on our website for the purposes set out below.
Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website or services. The data collected includes how many times a visitor uses our website, the site they came from and their physical location. We use the analytics information to improve our website and services and to enhance the experience for our visitors.
Banners to control the appearance of the cookies information banner. This cookie is set on arrival to our website by default. It expires after a set time and is not set again unless a user changes their cookie settings.
Preferences to remember a user’s choice about cookies on our website and within the services. This cookie is, by default, set on arrival to our website.
Survey to prevent us asking individuals who have either already completed our survey, or indicated they do not wish to complete it, on subsequent occasions.
Notification for our online registration form used for you subscribing to our newsletter. This cookie is set only for individuals who complete the form.
YouTube for embedding videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy enhanced mode.
Facebook – for tracking the conversion and subsequent clicks in our website from ads placed on Facebook.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us
We use this information:
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
· To notify you about changes to our website or services;
· To ensure that content from our website or services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
· To administer our website and services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· To inform you about scheduled service downtimes and new features;
· To improve our website and services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
· As part of our efforts to keep our website and services safe and secure;
· To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website and services about our goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will not sell or rent your personal data to anyone.
Disclosure of your information
Information we share with third parties
We may share your information with selected third parties:
· Who deliver part of the services we provide to you such as Mailchimp – to deliver emails to you, Zendesk - who operates our online community, Squarespace - to host our website and your information on their servers.
· Other companies from within our corporate group who provide related services.
· Our business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies in the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Information we disclose to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or a member of our group of companies or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by them about their customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, safety, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage of your information
Our services are global and your information (including personal data) may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers, and we may transfer your information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country of residence.
Information that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or partners. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. In particular, this means that your personal data will only be transferred to a country that provides an adequate level of protection (for example, where the European Commission has determined that a country provides an adequate level of protection) or where the recipient is bound by standard contractual clauses according to conditions provided by the European Commission (“EU Model Clauses”).
Our website and services are accessible via the internet and may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the website or services from outside the EEA. This means that where you chose to post your data on our website or within the services, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
Protection of your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any credit card information or payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain hyperlinks to other websites not operated by us. This Privacy Notice does not cover the links within this website or the services linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any other websites you visit before providing any information about yourself.
You have the right under Data Protection Law, free of charge to request:
- Access to your personal data.
- Rectification of your personal data.
- A restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- A transfer of your personal data (data portability).
You can make a request in relation to any of the above rights by contacting us as set out at the end of this Privacy Notice. We will respond to such queries within 30 days and deal with requests we receive from you, in accordance with the provisions of Data Protection Law.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time, by writing to us at the contact address given at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Where we process your personal data for marketing purposes, we will inform you and obtain your opt in consent (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please opt out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any marketing emails from us. We will continue to communicate with you regarding your service billing and support via email.
We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service updates, events and promotions we may be running.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected. This will be for as long as we provide access to the website or services to you, your account with us remains open or any period set out in any relevant contract you have with us. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the website or services for the purposes set out below.
After you have closed your account or ceased using the website for a period of at least 60 days, we usually delete personal data, however we may retain personal data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms and Conditions, Terms or Use, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
We will retain de-personalised information after your account has been closed.
Please note: After you have closed your account or deleted information from your account, any information you have shared with others will remain visible. We do not control data that other users may have copied from our website or services. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g. search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
This website is not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 18.
Complaints or queries
Our intention is to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal data. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
The Information Commissioner’s Office at, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England (“ICO”).
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to:
email@example.com or write to us at: Donorfy Limited, Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing BN11 1QR, England.