Use your own azure subscription
Donorfy runs on Microsoft Azure in a shared infrastructure. That keeps the costs down. However, if you have your own Azure subscription (which can be effectively free for eligible charities via the Microsoft sponsorship programme) your organisation can come out of the shared Donorfy infrastructure into your own dedicated Azure space, which opens up all kinds of benefits:
- Scalability - take control of database performance for higher data volumes or seasonal demand.
- Control over backup, and ability to restore to a point in time, using Azure SQL Backup services.
- Choice of Azure data centre.
- Direct, secure access to the SQL Server database using SQL Server tools.
- Much more flexibility with reporting and analysis of data.
- Ability to add datasets, and create advanced integrations and automations.
- Access to other Azure services.
And you retain all the usual Donorfy benefits such as automated upgrades and constituent-based pricing.
To start your own subscription using the Microsoft product sponsorship programme click below.
Already got an Azure subscription? Contact us.
- Own Azure is only available on the Professional plan.
- Apart from the Azure subscription (which is effectively paid for by the Microsoft Sponsorship programme), an additional Donorfy subscription applies - please see the pricing page for full information.